Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Toronto... finally

Got back today from Toronto... looks like I've had enough time to catch a cold after all.

I was really impressed when I first arrived at Toronto... huge highways and nice buildings in downtown area... however, it only took me a day to realize not everything is desirable about this city. People actually honked in the streets for no reason, something you almost NEVER see here in Vancouver. Asphalt on the street was all cracked and uneven, there was traffic on the highway on a long weekend, most trees had no leaves yet and the whole landscape looked kind of brownish...and driving... don't even get me started on it!... Toronto reminded me of Tehran in more than just one way.

You can not go to Toronto and not visit Niagara falls, so that's what I did... definitely an amazing experience... then, of course, was U of T that I just had to visit. A mix of new and old buildings in the middle of downtown Toronto... More importantly, I got to meet some friends I hadn't seen in a couple of years.

hmmm, oh yeah... another cool experience in Toronto: after a night of wondering around the city streets, my friends and I went to "Darband" restaurant and had "KALE-PACHE"!!!!!!! DELICIOUS!

However, as lively and interesting this city is, right now I just can't choose Toronto over Vancouver... but if there was a situation where I had to move, I'd be happy to go there for sure.




4 comments:

Anonymous said...

kooftet beshe kalle pache :D
ba ghayegh rafti oon payeen e abshar?

The Spring Breeze said...

Ali,

agha aali bood kalleh pacha ha! jat kolli khali bood. Fekr kon shamesh ye plat e kamel faghat BBQ meat khorde boodim, bad sa'at e 3:00 ina raftim kalle pache, inghadre goosht khordam ke dashtam miterekidam. Abshar ham raftam pa'eenesh. Kolli yadetoon kardam ba oon aksa'ee ke ferestade noodin. Amrica ham ke hamoon baghal bood o kheili delam bishtar sookht!! Hala daram miram sefarat ke august biam oonja, to ham vacation joor kon bia LA oon moghe hatman!

Anonymous said...

You should also check out Montreal. I can't say I definitely prefer Montreal over Toronto. But I definitely prefer them over Victoria :p

The Spring Breeze said...

Mehdi,

I am going to Montreal actually in May. It's for a conference and only three days, but still it should be fun!