Saturday, April 01, 2006

Don't look back

So, I watched another documentary about the one and only Bob Dylan yesterday. I had watched "No Direction Home" by Scorsese last summer and had absolutely loved it. However, that was more of a biography/ career history, whereas this movie, Don't Look Back, was a visual diary of a three week tour Dylan had in England in 1965, his last tour as a solo acoustic performer.


I liked the movie ... anything related to 60's music affects me in a weird-but-enjoyable kind of way. The scene where Bob Dylan was typing song lyrics while Joan Baez was singing "Percy's Song" in the background was my favorite... they were literally making history (music-wise, at least!) and there was a camera there to capture it! It's a very good documentary I think, showing the genius Dylan without covering up his jerk-ish side!!!

No comments: