Saturday, March 12, 2005

Things you do for an office-mate!

Thursday night, I am sitting at home, having a great relaxing time watching one of my favorite TV series, Felicity. (I have always been looking for a place to rent it and finally found it on zip.ca.) Anyway, it's around midnight when I hear my phone ring...hmmm, that's a bit unusual, cause the screen is blinking with the name of my office-mate, James.

-"Hey James, is everything alright?"
-"Yeah, the thing is I left my keys in the office and I'm locked out!"
-"Ok, so do you need the keys? You can come and get it from me now..."
-"mmm...That's the problem, I left my shoes in there too!" (By this time I'm getting a bit suspicious)
-"Oh...But you have a car, you can just drive by without your shoes"
-"But my car keys and my house keys are in there too... (I'm wondering why he's not calling the security), and Bobby is also locked in the office" (Aha! Surprise, surprise!)

Bobby is James's dog and you're not supposed to bring dogs inside the building, of course.

-"Oh...So...So I guess I'll be there as soon as I can"
-"Oh, thanks... I'll give you a ride back home (can you believe this?) and I'll buy you a lunch sometime (Ok, I'm trying really hard not to tell him to shut up)..."

Ok, I had to get dressed, go out, ride the bus to school and save my stupid office-mate! Don't get me wrong he's a really nice guy, it's just that he's not always thinking about the consequences of what he's doing.

Anyway, by the time I got back home it was already 1:00 am. So much about me watching TV! But as they say "To niki mikon o dar dejle andaz..." you know the rest!

BTW, it's unbelievably amazing outside today and I don't know what I'm doing sitting here blogging.

And...Can someone please help me with the stupid blogrolling list, I can't make it work!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Poor Bobby, he must have a heck of a time with his owner... BTW, the trasnlation of that Persian expression is: "you do Niki and throw her in the river..."