Saturday, March 05, 2005

Brunch and blog...

This morning (or actually noon!) I went to this really nice restaurant in Yaletown and had a delicious weekend brunch with some friends. It was a bit cloudy and windy, not unusual for Vancouver, but we had a great time anyway and I came back home early to "work on my poster"... well, guess that didn't happen!

I ended up playing with the html tags to change some details on this blog and surprisingly was successful, although I don't know a thing about html.

Anyway, while having brunch we had this discussion on how men and women have different skills and apparently a survey result shows that guys are better at math compared to girls! Obviously, I wasn't thrilled with this conclusion. But still, I'm pretty happy about being a girl!

We have this research poster nights at school where you have to make a poster about your research and they actually give a couple of hundred bucks to the student who has the best poster. It's all a matter of choosing the right color and having lots of pictures... and there's no way I can find a picture on my research topic. How can you represent an optimization linear programming model? anyway, I'm still half way through the poster making process and the poster night is next Tuesday, so good luck to me!

Gotta get back to work now.


Few minutes later: I gotta work on my writing, can't figure out the point of this post now!

5 comments:

The Spring Breeze said...

Merciiiiiiiiiiii Dash Ali,

So do I! And I will definitely need your help a lot!

Anonymous said...

Hi My dear saba:
Its the best time for me when I read your blog, keep going honey. your friends wanna know about you and your time
love you

Anonymous said...

Salam Saba. When I started blogging, Parastoo said it's good, it's like a "rismoon" that we can connect to your life. I think that's the whole point of blogging, and your post served this purpose quite well! Keep writing:-)

BTW, are you coming to the CORS conference in Halifax?

The Spring Breeze said...

Salam Somayeh,

Yes I'm going to the conference! Are you? It'd be awesme! We should talk about it and maybe we can share a room?

Anonymous said...

I'll email you:-)