Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Ladies and gentlemen,

...finally, after what seems to be the longest time, she came, my (and many other people's!)one and only Shabnam. Sometimes you don't miss people and things enough, because you can't remember how they were exactly... then when you see/have them again, you realize you didn't miss them nearly as much as you should have! That was the case with Shabnam; only she can turn the most ordinary stories to super fun memories that makes your eyes water from laughing hard. And only she can be so adorably forgetful and caring at the same time. It's absolutely great to have her in the same continent, let alone in the same province!

As excited as I was to see Shabnam, I had to take off to Montreal for a conference. Let me tell you something, whoever said Montreal was cold didn't know a thing... I'm sweating all over the place. The only semi-decent summer-ish shirt that I had brought got totally stinky today, so I had to go,and conveniently, buy a new shirt! That'll teach me a lesson to check the forecast before traveling! I've only seen Old Montreal so far, which BTW was awesome. I'll go around some more tomorrow and Thursday .

On a side-note, those of you who plan to travel light, DO NOT LEAVE YOUR SHAMPOOS AND BODY LOTIONS AT HOME just because you think they take up too much space and/or are too heavy. Right now, after using hotel's products, my hair is basically impossible to manage and my skin is as rough as that of an elephant! So much for me traveling light...

On another side note, it's hard to share a room with people who, at least occasionally, get on your nerve so badly that you want to just start shouting at them as loud as you can!