Sunday, May 28, 2006

Googoosh (or what the hell are we doing here?)

So I went to see Googoosh last night... definitely worth the time and money. Although some said it wasn't as great as her other shows, it was more than what I had expected.

I'm not gonna bore you with the details of the show... those who know her can guess how it was and those who don't will not get an idea by just reading about it! but there's one thing I really need to say... going to this show last night made me realize what a hopeless nostalgic I am! Actually, almost everybody there was super nostalgic... why are we here if we miss Iran so much? Is this going to be my future? going to concerts and shows and singing about Iran, instead of living there and experiencing it in real life? It's sad, and probably true...

And it sucks!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

God knows how much I feel the same too...and I guess it perhaps is going to be our future too. I remember when we were kids and these nostaligic immigrant iranians talked on radio, TV about how they've missed 'Pole Tajrish' and their grandma's 'sandoogh' and what not, and this all sounded so funny to us..but here we are, going to be the same in a near future...

Anonymous said...

Sabaa, I agree with you partially. However, it's not only the sense of spatial dislocation that we might suffer from through our lives. You also have to take into account the passage of time and the regret we feel for the (possibly glorious) days we've lived. It has more to do with your hair turning white rather than your place on the map.

The Spring Breeze said...

Anonymous,

Yeah, I used to make fun of them too! What goes around, comes around I guess!

Mehdi,

Maybe you're right, but somehow that doesn't make me feel better!

Anonymous said...

It wasn't meant to relieve you, I just said you shouldn't put all the blame on geographic detachments :-)