Monday, March 05, 2007

Still waiting...

and they're still in jail. Why can't our government men find a more civilized way of dealing with opposition, especially a peaceful one. Is it really that horrible if men and women have equal rights? I keep picturing these women behind the bars, and all I can say is that I'm thinking of them, and I know a lot of others inside and outside of Iran are, too. I admire them for their courage, these are the women that will change things, and I hope I can do my part as someone far away with such little power, by following their activities and taking part whenever possible.

4 comments:

Me&Vancouver said...

24 more left ! ( they are still in Evin :( )
http://meydaan.org/news.aspx?nid=211

Anonymous said...

yes, it is a shame...

Ali(S)

j-sam: said...

saba,

i don't think it's like that our *government men* are having a problem with equal rights for men and women. it's just too much simplifying the whole story. it's some of us, fellow iranians, you read our very own hardliners, who are in our government, and who are strongly resisting *any* change, and *any* opposition, and their simplified ideaological framework justifies *anything* for their dictated goal ..

hell .. i guess i'm also too angry with the whole story :) such a long comment from me !!

MehdiMK said...

To Mayssam's comments I should add that because of the stagnant political situation in Iran, every otherwise peaceful activity has become politically-charged. Take, as an example, festivities after soccer matches or 4shanbe-soori or any other harmless event. Women's right too, IMO, is rather social than political demand but it has taken the shape of resistance.(I don't mean government "men" do not have any objection to women's demands. I'm just trying to say that's not the whole story)