Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Another book and a movie too!

I am absolutely loving "A Confederacy of Dunces", a great novel about this super comic character in New Orleans. It was published in 1980 and won the Pulitzer prize in 1981, 11 years after the author's death! Check out the Wikipedia link for the book.

It was a little slow at the beginning, and difficult to understand... especially because of all the strange southern way of people talking. But after the first 20-30 pages, you'll fall in love with Ignatius Reilly, and will start laughing out loud when he interacts with people around him. Not an easy book to read, but definitely worth the time and effort!

Oh, and by the way, I watched Y tu mama tambien (I know, it's a shame I waited so long to watch it!) and liked it a lot. It definitely has not been made for general public though; man, I was happy I was watching it by myself! Nonetheless, a great movie and I absolutely love Maribel Verdu... amazing actress.

Still in the state of panic by the way!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

If you really love Maribel VerdĂș, you must read (spanish) maribelverdu.net

Sh. said...

have you watched amores perros already?

The Spring Breeze said...

Shahin,

yes, I've watched it and liked it a lot. it was like 4 years ago though... don't rememeber much!