Sunday, July 30, 2006

To Nazly... for being the best!

We are the same height, have the same highlights, we borrow each other's clothes, we don't look like each other but somehow are similar. We go on the same diet, we overeat together. We go to school together, and party with the same people. We listen to the same music, and go to the same hairdresser. We travel. People think we're sisters... I think we're even closer.

You are a lot more than a roommate to me... you are my mom when I'm sick, my dad when I need protection, my sister when I need someone to confine in, my brother when I feel lonely... you've been my friend all along, you are what's left of my country for me, you're the closest thing I have to a home... Just like I hope to be all this for you.

So bear with me when I'm moody, when I need attention, when I'm sad, heartbroken, or tired. When I don't feel like talking, or when I talk too much. When I act weird or give you advice you haven't asked for. When I drag you to the movies, or want to stay home when you feel like going out. When I get cleany, or when I make a mess. When I become cold, irritating, or obnoxious.

Three years...It's not been easy, but we've grown up together. Sooner or later, we'll be going our own way, but I'm sure no one will understand what we've been through, except for us! So cheers to us, the coolest roommates on earth!

8 comments:

MehdiMK said...

nice :)

Anonymous said...

Saba, I envy you both. Enjoy your time together:) BTW, your writing is great. Consider becoming an author.

Hopeful Wanderer said...

eh pas vajeb shod az man ye tashakor bokoni!!!!!!!!! hamin dige doustan yadeshouh mire

The Spring Breeze said...

Mehdi,

You've met her, so you know it's all true.

Mohaajer,

My Master's supervisor would strongly object your opinion, considering how she aged while I was writing my thesis! :)

Ali,

I have sent so many positive energy vibes and prayers towards you since you've introduced us that you'll most probbaly end up right next to God himself!

Anonymous said...

you do look alike in that picture. have you asked your parent about that twin sister of yours that they misplaced?
cheers to both of you.

Hopeful Wanderer said...

all i can say is thank you. believe it or not i really need them and it feels good to know you have such good friends that think of you from far side of canada! I was just joking in my first comment :) but a monetary compensation will be good too :)

kimia said...

: )
very sweet written btw.

Anonymous said...

I don't know what after about 2 years, me sitting here at home brooding over important things in my life should be reminded of this post. Maybe it's because now more than anytime else I can use those positive vibes and not even to end up next to God but somewhere much closer in this earthly world.