Thursday, July 27, 2006

Airports

" Whenever I get gloomy with the state of the world, I think about the arrivals gate at Heathrow airport.

General opinion makes out that we live in a world of hatred and greed. I don't see that. Seems to me that love is everywhere. Often it's not particularly dignified or newsworthy, but it's always there. Fathers and sons, mothers and daughters, husbands and wives, boyfriends, girlfriends, old friends.

When the planes hit the Twin Towers, none of the phone calls from people on board were messages of hate or revenge, they were all messages of love.

lf you look for it, I've got a sneaky feeling you'll find that love actually is all around."

From Love Actually

I always cry at the airport when I go back home.. I'm fine up until the moment I see my mom and then it just happens. No reason, no control. Today I just happened to remember the fact that I love airports... no matter if I'm leaving home, or going back, if I'm there to pick up friends, or to watch them leave through the gates. I just love airports.

We're leaving in a cruel world. Sometimes - like these days - you just see it more clearly... maybe we should all go walk around the arrival gates in a nearby airport... just to feel that love still exists. It does, right?

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

I guess there is no question it does exist, but like all other good things, it's just not fairly distributed...

Maryam said...

Tnx for your sweet comments. I reckon we both might have the same taste in movies. I wish you were here or I were there and then we could watch movies and talk about them. Thanks to Sara for her bright idea and BTW, I like your weblog.

Anonymous said...

Do enough travelling, and believe me, you would start hating every airport in the world!

The Spring Breeze said...

-a,

Yeah I know! I was just being too sentimental I guess!

Maryam,

Yeah, no kidding! Sara's idea was just brilliant, it's a shame my Farsi typoing skills suck, but I'm hpoing to get better! And thanks, glad you visit here.

Kiddo,

I've done my share of travelling, maybe not as much as some people, but still. And beleive me, having 7 hours transits after an 11 hour flight should have done it to me. But I still like airports, I just step in and smell the crappy fast food and feel happy!

Anonymous,

Hmmmm, no!

Laleh said...

after reading your post, I realized how i've loved the airports as well!!! Nice post BTW!!!

Anonymous said...

wonderful quote!! I loved it!! you know I had never paid attention to that!!! but thats really true!!

linda said...

i actually hate airports sometimes, they took too many loved ones away from us..
and then one day they took me away, away from my beloved city...
and every year i have to drop my dad at the airport who promises to come back soon, yeah soon ... one day we will all be togather a family again...
but then sometimes i love them, when i go on vacation..

Anonymous said...

wow....che neveshteie khobi bood....del daagh shodam ;)
Sorry, If I wrote Pingilish in your comments , I didn't know how to say "Del Daagh !" :) have fun

Yasin Memari said...

Yeah, love exists in huge amounts for sure, but resentment and hatred do exist too. There are many people in the airports too who have no one accompanying them, and there are bombers wandering around looking for the next opportunity, to destroy the love which has been spared from them. Love is not distributed in a right proportion, and a bit of lack of affection can destroy a big amount of love.

Hooman said...

I feel love does exist everywhere but It's a great gift to see it around while the air is so misty.
ps.Love Acually is my favorite movie.

The Spring Breeze said...

Laleh and Anonymous,

Glad I'm not th eonly one!

Linda,

Yeah! Going on vacation is on top of my list for reasons to love airports.

Pouya,

I guess I can forgive you!

Aatash,

That's a very sad point of view, and that's why we need as much love and affection as possible. If only it was as easily done as it is said.

Hooman,

It's one of my favorite movies too. It's a romantic comedy alright, but at least it's a good one.

Bill said...

I love airports as well. Many of those I love are spread around the world. I love to take people to airports or pick them up!

Why?

Because when I am at an airport I am only a step away from those I love.