Tuesday, March 07, 2006

High fever and "Hazyoonat"

I'm sick! and life sucks when you're sick... even if you spend a whole weekend doing nothing except for watching TV. I have cough and congestion and am not showing any sign of improvement.

There are however some things I still enjoy... like watching the Oscars! I really thought having Jon Stewart hosting it was a big step forward compared to recent years. Not that he could ever beat Billy Crystal! Anyway, it was a good event I thought and I ended up watching "Crash" right after... it definitely deserved to be the best picture of the year.

Hmmm, I was thinking the other day that my supervisor had already had his kids when he was my age. Not only I don't have any kids, but I'm not even married, and not only I'm not married, but I'm not even in a relationship, and not only I'm not in a relationship, I'm not even REMOTELY interested in ANYONE around me... I mean, there's something potentially very wrong with me!... OR I just have a fever!

BTW, we started a book club with some friends of mine and are reading "Lolita" as our first novel to discuss... I started it tonight and I must confess that after three years of reading only fantasy books, it was not easy to understand at first... but as I progress through the story it is getting a lot smoother... there are a lot of things to discuss in our meeting for sure!

I'm not making any sense here, but what the heck... I've been watching the first season of Grey's Anatomy and am really liking it... these interns are really good subjects for TV series, don't you think?

Enough nonesense for now, gotta go...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Saba, there was something wrong about you if you were in a relationship without really being attracted to the party involved. A lot of people just start relationships, feeling they should be in one at any time, and then figure out the one they are in is not the perfect one, so get out. If you don't just jump into relationships, be proud of yourself :-)

And don't ever compare your life with your supervisor! No two people are in the same situation. And one's path might not be the best for the other. Find your own life path and enjoy it.

Enough of sokhanrani!! Zood khoob sho Saba khanoom

Anonymous said...

My Dear saba,
As mahyar said you can never be like any one else except yourself. Pray god for your valuable life and don't nag!!! Beyond the line of marriage is nothing more than you have now. But we always want what we dont have. But as an older sister and experienced one, I can say enjoy your life with or without special one. I just wish you find a guy that loves you and you love him mre than words. That's the point!!!!!

The Spring Breeze said...

Negar joon,

Thanx for your advice. I know we always find something to complain about! BTW, Mohaajer is not mahyar (I can see why you confused it), it's our very own Somayeh! :)

Mohaajer jan,

Thanks to you also! you know how it is when you're sick and feel like "ghor ghor"... and I'm coming to Toronto for Easter weekend BTW, I'll call you and we'll do something if you're around.

Anonymous said...

Akh joon! I'll wait for that :-)