Sunday, November 06, 2005

Sharif Alumni... nostalgy?

Just got back from the second bi-annual reunion of Sharif University of Technology Association, (Western Canada's chapter)... it was at this nice Italian restaurant in Downtown Vancouver and was relatively well attended!

I remembered the first re-union, more than two years ago, when I had just arrived in Vancouver and seeing all these people, talking about the school I had just left, didn't make any sense... now I know that you actually CAN miss Sharif - as unlikely that it seemed at times - especially when you're surrounded by people that were all there, at some point in time. They keep referring to places you know - or people, if they are not 40 years older than you! - and it just makes you feel nostalgic! I felt so nostalgic that I even nominated myself for the board of directors - and of course, didn't get elected! Honestly, can you believe that? I thought it was just a matter of nominating yourself, then you're automatically in! :)

Anyway, just wanted to say hi to all of my Sharif-pals here, especially class of 77 and especially the industrial engineering people! HI!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh!!! how fast you are in publishing the reunion news! did you use to work in BBC or something? and yes, it was a memorable night... (except the sad news I heard from you) :(

Anonymous said...

As a 77ee IE: Hi! (BTW, I really related to your post. I am planning to attend Sharif reunion in Kish this winter, just for the same reason!)

The Spring Breeze said...

Mohaajer:

Hey, great that you're going! I don't think i wanna spend my time back home traveling, but Kish must be great in Winter! how long are you staying in Iran? I should definitely see you while you're there... Don't wanna wait till next CORS conference!

Laleh said...

سلام!
خيلي قشنگ نوشته بودي
من فكر مي‌كنم كه تاثير شريف روي ماها خيلي وسيع و خيلي طولاني بوده. بعد از اين كه رفتم علم و صنعت فهميدم كه نوستالژي شريفانه يعني چي! حس من به شريف مث حس هري پاتره به ها گوارتز!!!!!!

The Spring Breeze said...

لاله:
آره... امیدوارم بتونم همیشه به شریفی بودنم افتخار کنم... یه وقتهایی خیلی سخت می شه! ... در ضمن 2 هفته دیگه هری پاتر جدید اکران می شه! هوررراااااااا

Anonymous said...

Salam. Pas to ham raftani (amadani!) shodi? We should get together with all other 77ees. I'll get there on Dec 15th, coming back on January 8th. What are your arrival/departure dates? Email me please if they're confirmed. We'd better plan early:-)

Anonymous said...

HI ( non-industrial :) )

Anonymous said...

man ham arz mikonam: salaam Saba!

kheili khoob o khosh baashi. Iran ham khosh begzareh.

The Spring Breeze said...

sara:

Salaaaaaammmmmmmmmm! How are you doing girl? You're somewhere in Europe right?