Saturday, November 12, 2005

Live and let die (?)


Tonight I watched Mar adentro (the sea inside) and cried. Yeah! I'm one of those people who cry when seeing sad movies... sounds childish, I know!

The movie was the true story of Ramon Sampedro, a Spanish man who fought 29 years for his right to "die with dignity"...you can imagine what kind of a movie it was I guess. I have to mention that it was very well made with strong acting and great cinematography.

It kind of makes you wonder if life is a "right or an obligation" - as Ramon asks in the movie. What would I wanna do if I ever end up on a bed and know I'll never be able to get up again and live a normal life? I'm not sure if I'll be strong enough to go on living, nor will I be brave enough to end my life! It's going to be hell on earth, I assume. I can only hope that day never comes...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh yeah! it's a great movie.