Thursday, October 19, 2006

I'm your TA, damn it!

Today I am helping these two guys (Read: kids) in the lab I'm TAing, and right in the middle of a heated discussion on different harvest prescriptions for a tree stand, one of them turns to me and says: "you smell nice by the way"!!??!! and the other says:"oh yeah, VERY nice, what perfume is that?" !!! I mean, what the hell? I couldn't help but wonder what would happen if I was a guy. No girl in that class would've ever told me I smelled nice; but just because I'm a girl, any 18-year old kid has the right to treat me like I'm there for his entertainment!!! I'm just very pissed off at the moment... it's probably not a big deal after all.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

come one, my 19 year old students always tell me these things. And I always reply: "shame on you, you're teenagers; you should smell good not me :))"

Anonymous said...

It's because of their treatments in life and their sexual properties. don't get angry!
"The grass is always greener on the other side of the fence"

Azadeh said...

take it easy, ha?

The Spring Breeze said...

alnouri,

I would make a very personal joke, but then I'm not sure if you're whi I think you are! Are you?

Jozeph,

Not sure what you mean there!? so I'm the grass?!

Azadeh,

Trying to! :)

BlackOcean said...

Have you seen "prime"?

Anonymous said...

ah ah ah! che ghad looooooos! yani inghad bachey ke az dase teenagera pissed off beshi?!
kheile khob baba hameh fahmidan khanoom khoshbooe, ende perfume e!!!

Laleh said...

hey missy! won't ya tell us the name of your perfume? ;)

The Spring Breeze said...

Shaghayegh,

Nope! It didn't look very interesting to me. have I missed much?

Anonymous,

Good. Just wanted to make sure EVERYBODY knows!

Laleh,

It's really nothing too special, it's from Shiseido... can't remember what the name was exactly, though!

Anonymous said...

I am a teenager and i like to have a converstaion with my TA cause they are not as scary as the prophs.. i mean labs are boring ... so we try to make the best out of it .. i am a girl andi dont think you should be offenesed by that .....