Sunday, January 22, 2006

I'm here!

Ok So I’m back! And yes, it’s been two weeks now!

It’s just so hard to get back into the routine of blogging again. I even stopped reading other blogs to stop the feeling of guilt.

My trip turned out to be a lot better than I had expected. I got to see so many people, it was amazing… A lot of my friends had left the country, but again, a lot of them were still there… you see, the good thing about your homeland is that you had made so many good friends during the years that you can always find someone to talk to or do stuff with… of course, this doesn’t mean I didn’t miss the others…

Unfortunately, although I really wanted to, couldn’t go see any movies or plays… so I can’t really comment on that. The city was super crowded/polluted and going out in the streets did not seem like a good idea at all, unless you really really really needed to do it. Drivers are all going mad in my opinion… but well, who’s not?!

I couldn’t see the social impact of the reign of our new president. Guess he’s too busy fixing the world’s problems!!! Of course, this could all be a part of a bigger plan that I have no idea of… so I can’t really comment on that either!

I was amazed by how pretty all the girls looked… they’re all pretty well dressed and done up all the time and have fit bodies… god knows I don’t seem to see anyone nearly that well-dressed here in Vancouver… (I’m still straight, by the way!). And they seem to have this magical energy that keeps them going 24/7, they go to school/work, they are all studying some extra material on the side - usually a third language – and they party like crazy. I couldn’t keep up with them and I wasn’t even working! Way to go guys!

I’m not sure what else to write about Iran… you know how it is… it’s just like time out of this world… you feel like you’ve never left and at the same time, everything is changing (especially the highways! God, I couldn’t go anywhere without first checking to see if the street was still there or was it wiped out to make room for some giant highway!).

(This is how polluted tehran was, see any mountains?)




BTW, LOST rocks!

1 comment:

Laleh said...

so glad that u came back to the bloggers community!