Wednesday, July 18, 2007

It's rainy and I'm bored

... so be good and don't be picky on my posts. I honestly can only think of bulleted posts... maybe it's a sign that I've been away from scientific writing for too long and I actually miss it?! Oh God, I hope not!

- someone tell me please, is it July or is it not? because, I think there has been a mistake... it's freaking raining in Vancouver and I had to put on a hoody to go to school today! isn't July usually hot in the Northern hemisphere? I really want to go on and on, nagging about the weather, but what's the use? you're either here and are suffering like me, or not here and are already bored by this paragraph! Let me just say this: all of you guys that I've been inviting for so long (you know who you are!), just forget about it, right at this moment Vancouver sucks!!! :(

- I watched blood diamond finally... excellent movie, although I didn't exactly see the hero in Danny Archer!

- every single person I've met since I've been back has commented on my hair... my friends, office mates, advisor, group administrator... I even had two random girls shouting at me in the department stairways to tell me how great my hair looks! yay! something to be happy over I guess! I actually think it's mostly the shock of seeing me with basically no hair, after getting used to that fuzzy curly mass of hair who used to walk around in the corridors! (photo: courtesy of Aydin, shot without even looking, obviously!)

- self-tanning is hard... like, really hard! If only we had real sun...

- I spent half an hour today, wondering if I'll be the maid of honor if my friend gets married... and she's not getting married in the near future! What do you think it means if you're actually daydreaming about someone else's wedding? hmmm...

- I'm missing the good TV series, why do they have to have the worst programs in summer?

- can I be more whiny? I don't think so. I'll just zip it for now.

1 comment:

j-sam: said...

i've to say, i hate u for getting this haircut when i can't see u. u do know who loves short hair on girls most, don't u? :)