Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Confessions of a lazy mind

I've started running again...or, have I? ... I have this tendency to start things and then just quit. It's actually a surprise I haven't quit blogging yet! Last summer I started running, and after six weeks or so I quit it altogether (cause it was too damn hard!)... I decided to stick to the gym which is, honestly, a decision that I make every summer; I go to the gym for three months and go back to my lazy self for the rest of the year... it's quite depressing, you know, considering all the trouble i go through trying to convince myself that I have to work out to begin with.

So yeah, I've started running again, and my legs hurt like hell now, by the time i get all fit and good to go, it'll be traveling time (yay!). You all have to agree that nobody would miss out on all the eating and partying and not-exercising while at home, so that would be my great summer exercise season cut short, right there. Then of course will be the time for oh-crap-i-have-to-write-that-phd-proposal which would mean hours and hours of sitting on my a** in front of the computer for the rest of the summer... so I'm asking you: isn't it better if i just quit now and save me some time and energy?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think running will strengthen your a** and so it will have a better feeling when sitting for hours and hours working on your thesis

JJ said...

NO!