Monday, February 19, 2007

Another interesting book

So i got loads of books for my birthday, which is just awesome... and I'm reading a few of them together so I'm all confused. But one that is very interesting is "the curious incident of the dog at the night-time" by Mark Haddon. It tells the story of this young boy with "special needs" who decides to solve a murder mystery by himself. I'm half way through and am enjoying it very much. Here's a passage i liked in the book, so far:

"And father said,"Christopher, do you understand that I love you?"
And I said "yes", because loving someone is helping them when they get into trouble, and looking after them, and telling them the truth, and Father looks after me when I get into trouble,[...],and he looks after me by cooking meals for me, and he always tells me the truth, which means that he loves me."

5 comments:

Roozbeh said...

:) beautiful...

Asad said...

that's a great book, I read it in 2 sittings while flying somewhere.

The Spring Breeze said...

Asad,

Doesn't it remind you of Rainman (the movie) ?

Asad said...

yes, on a side note there is an autistic french guy who sells a book of a city he has drawn. it's really detailed with things like an economy, class, culture, ...

Unknown said...

cute.
may I have it please? :)