Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Scoop

So I went and watched it. Didn't think I'd like it but I did! It was a very fun movie to watch, great Woody Allen moments, lots of Scarlett Johansson, and a reasonable amount of Hugh Jackman... basically, there was something in it for everyone! Go watch it, but don't expect a masterpiece.

My favorite quote of the movie is when Allen is trying to socialize with some people in a party; he starts asking people about their persuasion (persuasion meaning religion, of course) and then goes on to say : " I was born into the Hebrew persuasion, but soon I converted to narcissism".

5 comments:

Sh. said...

perfect choice of a movie quote :)

i also liked : 'he's a murderer and a criminal, and i say that with all due respect'

MehdiMK said...

There are lots of quotes I'd like to mention. But my favorites (other than what you wrote) are his nagging about England, something like "Apart from language, I can't drive like them" and also Johansson's complaint to him "stop telling people I sprang out of your loins". I also loved the ending on the boat. However, I'm not a reliable commentator, since I burst out into laughter as soon as he came on the stage and started doing his ostensibly trite magics.

The Spring Breeze said...

Shahin,

I know! it was hilarious. I just loved all the dialogues between Allen and Johansson. Very smart.

MehdiMK,

That was super funny too. I don't know why he kept trying to make Johansson look bad; saying she used to be a handicapped and wore a pig costume to a party, etc.

Anonymous said...

I fell in love with Hugh Jackman though. He is the most good looking man on earth.

Anonymous said...

hi!
i just wanted to say that if you like to have one of "Love Actually" 's soundtracks, the link is here:

http://s.mehdi-he.com/2006/07/texas-ill-see-it-through-love-actually.html

have fun ;)