Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Wisdom tooth... are we growing older?

First, Let's just say I am extremely glad that I haven't had to pull out any wisdom teeth so far and I hope I never will have to do it!

After witnessing what Nazli went through today, I'm sure I never wanna have to experience it... not that I have a choice! My mom got her wisdom teeth extracted just a little while ago so looks like I have at least 30 years before I have to worry about it!

But it made me realize something else... we are really getting older (and apparently losing our wisdom on the way!)...

So when all is said and done, where are we standing? where is it that we're going to? To me, it looks like most of us are so wrapped up in our little world of day to day activities that we're missing the big picture... what is it that we want? what is it that "I" want out of this life?

Aside from a career goal, what other dreams do I have? (I'm not even sure if I have a career goal, but let's ignore that for now)... I remember that someone once asked me this and I said that I wanted to be remembered for what I did after I died... well, it doesn't look like I'm doing anything to achieve that goal!

I always think it's more important to do what you feel like rather than what you think is logical but I never seem to be doing it! There are so many things that matter to me... I want to help the environment... I want to help my country become a better place to live in... I want to watch a movie every single night...I want to have my own website and write about the movies I watch... I want to read novels, something I haven't done that often recently... I want to adopt a little girl form an underprivileged country and help her grow up without having o worry about her basic living needs ... I want to speak more than two languages... I want to do so many other things that I am not doing right now or am not even moving towards them...

I remember when I was in my undergrad and I had to quit doing stuff because of my course load... I used to think that it'd be over soon and I would have the chance to do all those things, well I never quite got that chance... My fear is to wake up one day and realize I am 40 years old and am still waiting for that right time to go after my dreams...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

One thing I am sure of is that we get busier and busier as life goes on. So, forget about that day you will be free to do something. If you can't include it somewhere in your today's schedule, chances are that you can't do it forever! Guess this doesn't make you feel better!

Anonymous said...

wow, it seems that extracting Nazli's "wisdom" tooth has made "you" wiser...

Anonymous said...

we're getting older, and apparently losing our wisdom on the way? is that what it is all about? COME ON, you don't mean THAT!

The Spring Breeze said...

To Mohaajer: yeah, that really didn't make me feel better! BUt I know it's true! :(

To anonymous (Ali): Well, yeah I have to prove that I still have my wisdom teeth!

To Ali: Of course it's all about that! You totally questioned the purpose of this post! ;)

Anonymous said...

we are always in a hurry to reach some where that is not the end of what we wanted before. sometimes I feel I am running beyond myself but when I look back I see I am remained in my place. It is just a feeling .But try to enjoy what you have( the thing that I realy miss nowadays)