Saturday, December 09, 2006

Mothers and daughters

After two weeks of constantly thinking about it, I finally went and watched Volver, Almadovar's latest movie. I liked it very much, it made me laugh quite a lot and brought tears to my eyes at times. It tells the story of this two sisters whose mother has died a while ago, but decides to return to life and finish off her undone business. I think the strength of love between mothers and daughters in this movie was very clearly portrayed, or maybe I just miss my mom too much and my judgment is clouded!! I liked the fact that all the main characters and almost all of the cast were women,it gave the movie a very unique feel, and helped in getting its message across in my opinion.

I really think Hollywood should be sued for converting Penelope Cruz into such a commercial celebrity... her acting was amazing in this movie. Actually, all the cast had super-strong performances... I definitely recommend watching "Volver". Here's a song from the soundtrack I liked the most.

Title: Volver (to return), By: Estrella Morente

3 comments:

MehdiMK said...

That's a relief we finally agree on a movie after such a long time. When it comes to women, Almodovar is the best.

Federico Barattini Zaba said...

Penelope Cruz dressing Sophia Loren

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.