Friday, October 13, 2006

School of mice ! (our very own "Madreseye Mooshha")

Does anyone remember that episode of from "School of Mice" where the kids are supposed to write an essay on how they spent their weekend?... That's probably one of my most favorite episodes. "Kopol" starts reading out his essay to the class and keeps mentioning the different meals he had, with extreme details. When finally he gets to afternoon snack (!), the teacher gets mad and asks him not to mention eating anymore. He continues reading the thing and then suddenly finishes up with some very incomprehensible words. The teacher asks him to repeat his last sentence, but still no one can understand what the hell he's talking about... until "Goosh Deraaz" solves the riddle! The last sentence of the essay is:"and then we ate dinner and went to bed"!

Now why did I mention this? because I really really want to talk about the movies I've watched in the festival (and out of it, mind you!) and feel scared of boring you to death with it! So dear readers, please hold your desire to curse and throw stuff at the monitor while reading the next few sentences (or just stop reading right now!).

I watched four Iranian movies in this year's festival: Men at work, 13.5 (can't seem to find a good link), from afar, and offside. I liked men at work and offside the best; especially the first one, which I thought was hilarious and deep at the same time! I hear it's gonna be shown in Tehran, so don't miss out on it if you're there! Offside was also very good... a new way of looking at women's problems, without turning the whole movie to 90 minutes of complaining and victimizing women, unlike 13.5. From afar, was just an interesting story that could have been made to a movie in a better way! ... there, I said it, quick and painless, now I can go sleep!

5 comments:

j-sam: said...

madrese moosh-haat shaahkaar bood divoone :*

Mehran said...

I have madrese mooshhaa if you want to see saba jaan :)) :D

The Spring Breeze said...

Divooneh,

Divoone khodeti! :)

Mehran,

Thanks! I'd actually like that! we should go crash somewhere and watch it!

Webmaster said...

I remember watching this when I was a kid. I can only remember the song about going to school with pockets full of nuts and pistachios. good times.

Anonymous said...

This program was produced and co-created by my mother Parvin Kharazmi :)