Monday, June 27, 2005

Experiment...

I think it's kind of funny that people can justify anything in a way that matches their interests... for example whenever I wanna do something that I really like to do but does not seem like the best choice, I keep telling myself that I should try new things and...yada...yada...yada.... and then when I don't feel like doing new things, I find all the excuses in the world to make it look like I'm being wise and thoughtful. This said, now I'm again stuck with a "situation" and this is how I justify it:

(This is the lyrics to a song from the soundtrack of De-Lovely, a movie about the life of the American composer - Cole Porter. I totally admire the movie, partially because of the storyline but mostly because of the extremely amazing music and performers in it...)

Title: Experiment
Composer: Cole Porter
Performed by: Kevin Kline


Before you leave these portals
to meet less fortunate mortals,
there's just one final message I would give to you.

You all have learned reliance
on the sacred teachings of science,
so I hope through life you never will decline,
in spite of philistine defiance,
to do what all good scientists do:

Experiment,
Make it your motto day and night.

Experiment,
And it will lead you to the light.

The apple on the top of the tree
is never too high to achieve;
So take an example from Eve:

Experiment.

Be curious,
Though interfering friends may frown.

Get furious,
At each attempt to hold you down.

If this advice you'll only employ,
the future can offer you infinite joy
and merriment.

Experiment, and you'll see.

No comments: