Sunday, December 07, 2008

another round of bad movies + a good concert

well, I know I said I wouldn't go watch Twilight, but then under the influence of some friends (you know who you are!!!) I ended up going anyway... and boy, was that a mistake! ... the first clue should have warned us even before entering the theater: everyone in the line was a girl, and under 15!!! we were literally the oldest people there... anyway, I thought the book was pretty average (even worse than average) in itself, but I could never imagine a movie made with such bad taste... The actors were AWFUL! and I mean REALLY AWFUL! Make-up was a joke, and soundtrack was a disaster... there was not one thing that worked in favor of the movie... and so I strongly discourage you from ever watching this movie... like EVER!

now that I got that off my chest, let's bash another movie: Australia! you would think Nicole Kidman + Hugh Jackman combination would save any movie, but nope! The movie was supposed to be an epic love story and it turned out to be a Hindi movie with Hollywood actors... All the magnificent-landscape-wanna-be scenes turned out fake and forced in my opinion, and almost all actors were performing below their usual standards. And why did it have to be so darn long?! anyway, do not waste your money on this movie, maybe watch it on DVD, but don't get your hopes too high.

The one positive event during this sad sad times for me was Kiosk's concert in Vancouver last week. I've always liked their work, and I absolutely love their new album : The Global Zoo. The lyrics are smart as usual, and I like the music a lot as well. They even have one song recorded with Namjoo! My favorite songs so far are "Pragmatism e eshghi" and of course "Yarom bia". You can buy their album on itunes, or buy the CD from CD Baby. The concert was much better than last year, and I definitely look forward to their future concerts!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey madi this is alice. i love your blog, it's soooooooooo cool, especially the music. i hope u don't mind me lookin at your blog like this.

c ya l8tr,
alice

Anonymous said...

yeah, Australia just couldn't be worse...did they really have to adderess all possible issues in the world in one movie? every time I thought it is over and no, a whole new twist started...

Anonymous said...

May I give you two recommendations?
Milk and Slumdog millionaire.
Two of the best movies this year in my opinion.
arash