Saturday, October 11, 2008

Airport babblings

So here I am sitting in Amsterdam Airport, travelling to Iran once again, and realizing I'm a true internet addict since I'm willing to pay 12 freakin' Euros for 90 minutes of wireless internet!

Amsterdam airport is nice and big and has lots of seating which makes it a heaven compared to Frankfurt airport. but I don't really feel like writing about the airport. let's talk movies, shall we? :D

I watched Gomorrah and 3 women as my last two movies in the film festival. Well, Gomorrah totally disappointed me! I probably didn't get the point of teh movie, but to me it was long, boring, and ...well, pointless! maybe if the movie wasn't so long and the show wasn't so late I would have enjoyed it more, but anyway not a favorite at all!

As for 3 women, I liked the story, although there were some serious logical goofs in it, and the acting wasn't exactly the best. The film is about a workoholic, successful woman who somehow loses her young daughter and her mother in one day. As she searches to find them she starts to learn more about them and herself. A lot of emphasis is placed on the value of history and ancient artifacts of Iran (especially Persian carpets), even if sometimes it seems forced. In the end I think we see that they are all bound together not just by blood, but by this history, the land, and the life itself. I recommend seeing this movie, do not expect too much from it, but it's worth watching once.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Khosh begzare asasi Saba:)

Anonymous said...

happy to find ur blog!
enjoyed and gonna keep reading it!
:)

Anonymous said...

www.acupofteaa.blogspot.com

Princess, Auntie, and Mummy said...

Saba Jan,

It has been 3 weeks and there was no update. Hope everything is fine with you.

Enjoy your visit!
Sarah