Friday, January 26, 2007

Movies again...

So with the Golden Globes behind us and the Oscars in only two months, i just couldn't resist the temptation to write about movies. Please keep in mind though, that my movie posts are basically just one paragraph saying how i felt about the movie, so don't expect anything too serious!

Well, let's start with my favorite movie, Pan's Labyrinth. It completely blew my mind... so amazingly imaginative... a great blend of fantasy and reality, in my opinion. And I absolutely loved the soundtrack. Have watched it twice so far, and am getting tempted to watch it again. Just read a few reviews on it and i'm sure you'll decide to watch it too.

Then, there's my least favorite movie of the season, Children of Men. I mean, you watch the trailer and you get all excited about it. Then you go watch the movie, and honestly, there's not much more to it than the trailer! Basically, just add a few running and chasing scenes and a good amount of blood in between and you'll have it. And except for Michael Caine i didn't find any of the actors too strong.

I also got tempted and went to watch the Dreamgirls. Now, it wasn't too bad, but definitely not the greatest movie. I agree that most of the actors were pretty good (there were a few exception, of course... like...hmmm, let's see...Byonce!!!) and the music was very good too. But honestly i can't see why it won the Golden Globes... anyway, if you're into musicals go watch it, it's kind of fun to watch it with a good sound system.

Oh yeah! and i watched the Holiday! (i know, i know, it's shameful!) ... i think it's pretty obvious what this movie is all about... a chick flick with beautiful people and a happy ending. I love Kate Winslet though and she looked gorgeous all through the movie, that's something to be happy about i guess!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Weird, I didn't enjoy it that much...