Thursday, July 06, 2006

A movie not to watch...

I wasted two precious hours of my life last night to watch a movie that I basically hated... well, "hated" would be too strong, but still, you know what I mean.

"Where the truth lies" is a film by the well-known Canadian director, Atom Egoyan, and is not at all what I had expected after "the sweet hereafter" - the only movie I had seen from him before. The movie tells the story of an "ambitious" journalist that wants to uncover a mystery from more than a decade ago. The mystery involves a dead girl and two showbiz stars of the time. I say "ambitious" because if you're willing to sleep with whoever comes your way - regardless of them being male or female - you look pretty damned ambitious to me! Don't get me wrong, I'm all for pushing the boundaries and showing whatever that helps the plot. But throwing in random threesome scenes in a movie just for the hell of it doesn't really impress me.
As if having Hollywood actors in a Canadian director's movie wasn't disgraceful enough!

Anyway, DO NOT WATCH this movie unless you have to write a school paper about it or something in that order, and even then, try to copy stuff from other reviews. It's two hours of your life you won't get back!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

baba calm down. inghadr ham bad nabood dige...

Laleh said...

صبا جونم به طرز وسوسه‌انگيزي بد نوشتي از فيلم!! اون قدر كه آدم تحريك مي‌شه فيلم رو ببينه!!!
( و اين البته تاثير نثر جذابته دوستم!)

The Spring Breeze said...

Mehdi,

Well, I had high expectations!

Laleh,

Thanx! :) But if you're that tempted, and happen to watch AND not like the movie, remember that I never meant to encourage people to watch it!

MehdiMK said...

Well, in some sense you are right. One thing I learnt from past is never raise your expectation for something you are about to experience. That's why I hated Kill Bill at first (expecting something like Pulp Fiction) and it took a long time to moderate my hostile sentiment.

Anonymous said...

Nice colors. Keep up the good work. thnx!
»

Anonymous said...

What a great site, how do you build such a cool site, its excellent.
»