Saturday, August 15, 2009

ermmm, I thought I was smart

My mind has been a bit unwell these past few weeks for a number of reasons. So I have been frequently forgetting stuff, misplacing things, and unable to focus on anything important. But the highlight of this constant confusion came last week when I went to a food place on campus to order a burger:

I ordered my food and paid, then the cashier lady gave me a piece of paper with the number three on it:






Of course, I'm looking at it from the other side of the counter, so what I see looks like this:






(if you're not Iranian, that's how number four is written in Farsi). So then I , using my brilliant mind, thought to myself: "this is very confusing!" and then actually asked the lady:" Is this a three or a four?!"!!!!! of course as I was saying it, it occurred to me how stupid my question was, but too late! ... the poor woman looked at me like she was looking at a retarded kid, and then very slowly said :"I think it's a three."... I was embarrassed beyond measures! and my friend almost peed himself laughing at me! [sigh]

6 comments:

Laleh said...

Saba joonam I almost peed myself too! :D

آریو said...

The most important thing is that it only happened once...
or wait a moment!...Had it happened before ?!:))

The Spring Breeze said...

Laleh, you can't imagine how i felt!!! so embarrassed...

Ario, Hushshshshshshshshsh :)))

bahareh said...

Awesome story! Good job S.

Melody said...

Saba! You are adorable and I mean it!

mayssam said...

:)))
saba! don't challenge me ;)