Friday, March 28, 2008

Mostly Martha

I never got to see no reservation when it was in theaters, but yesterday I watched the original German movie that it was based on: Mostly Martha. The movie is about this angry chef who suddenly is responsible for raising her niece and during the process gets to know herself better.

I really liked it, and since I like Martina Gedeck better than Catherine Zeta-Jones, I bet I wouldn't like the Hollywood version as much. It's got some sad moments, but in general is a happy movie and has one of those happy endings that you know is only possible in fairy tales. But still, worth watching, especially if you're into food!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Come on Saba! The happy endings in real life may happen only for those whot believe they can happen. They are kind of like self-fullfilling prophecies in a negative way, if you don't believe in them they don't happen!