Sunday, September 18, 2005

Ed Wood - the worst director of all time



Oh my god... just finished watching Ed Wood and had to write about it!!! I know the movie is a decade old, but I had never had a chance to watch it back home. Can't believe how good it was... Tim Burton is a genius and the movie was hilarious...

It's a (mostly) true story of Edward Davis Wood Jr., the Hollywood director of the 50's and the 60's. He has been considered by some as the "worst director of all time"... from what I saw in the movie, the guy had absolutely no talent for film making... his screenplays made no sense whatsoever, the actors were simply horrible, not to mention the lack of budget... but I guess what made him stand out was his love for the movies... the guy never gave up in spite of all the failures...He also liked to wear women's clothing because they made him feel "comfortable"... Apparently his mom used to dress him as a girl when he was a kid... God! I really wanna know what was her logic for doing this!

Tim Burton's version of Ed wood's life though was brilliant... I loved the fact that it was black and white... Johnny Depp and Martin Landau were great... amazing cinematography...Ed Wood would be surprised for sure to see himself in such a well made movie!

Check Ed wood's appreciation page... not everyone hates him!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Joi Ito on Heavy Metal
Quote "People lean into a whisper." Evelyn Rodriguez ClustrMap Stowe Boyd , President/COO of Corante, is a well-known media subversive, and an internationally recognized authority on real-time, collaborative ...
Hi, I was just surfing around and found your page!
Very cool,I didn't know you could find all this interesting stuff.
If you are interested, go see my biggest pocket bike related site.
It isnt anything special but you might still find something of interest or fun.