Monday, September 22, 2008

Water

not necessarily a masterpeice, but Water was a good movie to watch to get into the festival mood I think!

It is about the lives of widows in India and how they're supposed to half-die with their husbands. I was shocked to see how women were treated, but then injustice and misery have no limit and for women it has been observed over and over again. Watch it when you get a chance.

I'm excited to see "Heaven on Earth", the new movie from the same director in VIFF.

1 comment:

M said...

If i were to choose one film from the trilogy, it would have been Water as it was easy to discern the gradual maturity of its director with each film... it also had a great cinematography....I hope heaven from earth be another step forward as I am looking forward to that..