Saturday, July 26, 2008

My Batman Marathon

I can not believe I had missed on such a great movie! (great movies I have to say now)


I spent the last 6 hours of my day watching Batman begins and the Dark Knight basically back to back. I watched the first one on DVD, hoping to understand what all these hard core fans were talking about. How could a Batman movie be this good?! and I was surprised (in a good way) and loved the movie so much that decided to devote a Saturday afternoon and go see the sequel. What I loved about both movies is how no one character steals the scene. There are maybe 10 different characters that are all important to the dynamics of the story, and they are all so well developed, and well acted too.

I absolutely loved Batman begins because of the background it gives on Batman and how he became who he is. The fact that Batman is a human like everyone else that learns to be a hero is something that separates him from other superheros like Superman or Spiderman. He's more like James Bond, with better morals!

And Christian Bale was awesome. Let's face it, you can only act so much when you have a mask on your face, and I think in all the un-masked scenes he was pretty good. The Dark Knight had more of the masked Batman in it, so I can't really say much about Christian Bale's acting, but I thought Aron Eckhart did a great job in the movie.

I recommend both movies strongly. There's a reason they've got such high ratings on imdb.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dark Knight was great and I liked Heath Ledger's play the most

Anonymous said...

But the whole idea of casting a homosexual eurasian actor to play Batman has not held well with the Americans obviously, and the story was changed enough for the movies as to make them practically another story altogether. So, I don't know where I stand with this movie. Maybe the next Batman should be an American Batman again. I think that would be best.

The Spring Breeze said...

olghryo,

hmmm, I don't think anyone should care about who Christian Bale is in real life, but how he acts as Batman, and I think he did a good job. Plus, there's nothing wrong with being homosexual, or euroasian, at least that's what I think. However, I can't comment on the story, I never read the comics, or really knew another version. so maybe you're right about it being different.

Anonymous said...

Yes, but wouldn't that be like George Washington playing King Arthur as a freedom fighter, or Geronimo playing Alexander as a heterosexual. The Americans don't share such genetics, and a rewrite of their reality isn't any better than if they tried to rewrite yours. I can see that perspective, and I can't see how that would be unexpected.

The Spring Breeze said...

hmmmm, one thing though! Is Christian Bale really homosexual? I definitely don't think he's Euroasian, unless it means "British"! and , no sign of any public knowledge of him being homosexual. anyway, he's a great actor and I think Batman rocks :D

Anonymous said...

This was really old comment but I will refute what the person said about Americans not having Eurasian blood.

I refute that.
I am completely American. Born and raised here, never lived anywhere else. Yet, ethnically I am Eurasian.
Some of my grandparents and other ancestors came from England, Russia and China/Mongolia.

There is no such thing as American ethnicity. Except for maybe Native American.